Well, my mom and I made it to Atlanta in one piece and didn't even get lost! Thanks to our military guys who took us up last week! We arrived around 3:30 pm and got set up in our lil studio apt/hotel room! Shepherds provides 30 free days of housing which is a huge blessing! They have a full mini kitchen stocked with small appliances, towels, silverware and so on. Also has 2 twin beds in a seperate room and a pull out from the couch! It is actually quite cozy!
After getting settled we were off to see Ben! The first 2 days he was here he was in the ICU just to monitor his respiratory status and assess him as a new patient. He did well there and so today they moved him to the rehab floor! He looked good and of course very handsome to me! He has received showers so that makes him look and smell better too!! I laid a good kiss on his lips!
The doctor (he is awesome) came in while we were there and said that Ben's best times to show off are in the morning! This is so Ben....always more awake in the am and falling asleep by 8pm at night when hes at home! The doctor says that his eyes are opening more and at times Ben will follow the movement! Just to clarify he is not in a coma...some people have asked. Also, he is opening his eyes but at this time we do not know what he is aware of. When I say he is awake or opening his eyes that is just that. He still doesn't like it when I tickle his feet!
Tomorrow he will start more agressive therapy to see how he reacts and maybe on Friday the will start him on low doses of Ritalin to help stimulate him!
1. Doctor needs some type of sign that Ben is doing things voluntarily and things on command.
2. Ben would respond to therapy
3. The stimulant drugs they start him on will somehow make a connection to get his brain working.
4. Continued healing for my body (arm and stomach incision)
5. Sanity on my part (this journey is not something anyone can plan for)
6. Our faith, hope, trust would remain strong in the Lord because some days I want to give up!
7. Strength for my mom as she is here always by my side! She has been a huge blessing but I know she thinks about home and gets tired too!
8. COMPLETE HEALING on Ben's brain....I will take it anyway the Lord wants to bring it!
Love you all!!