Tuesday, March 29, 2011

lil of this, lil of that...


Just a few things that happened the past few days...

~We had some fun making this...


~Ben used the word "uncooperative" because he said he was giving his OT a hard time and was messing with her...she agreed to this! :)
~Ben stood up with his hands on a table for 5 minutes with nobody holding on to him! last time it was 90 seconds! umm, hello!
~Ben said to all of the girl therapists he was working with that boys are funnier then girls!
~Ben made a painting that he had to hit the target with paint, he labeled it "target practice"...when asked whose face was the target he said, "Rich" with a huge smirk on his face...Rich aka Ben's PT!



~Today he walked with the dowlings all over the hospital floor today and also many walkings with his walker followed by the new bike in which he didn't want to get off of! At the end of his session I walked Ben to lunch!
~Ben had ants in his pants and legs yesterday and he did the positions below to get comfortable...




~We got a surprise small HUGE box of tasty chocolate fudge in the mail!! Oh my goodness! To the person who sent these THANK YOU! 3 different kinds and plenty to eat share! Just the night before I was scouring my hotel for just one piece of chocolate and couldn't even find one....well, were we blessed yesterday!!



Also we got a card in the mail from my parents for Ben and I...





~I bought some fabric (and i'm sure i will find more) for pillow and bed runner making and also a pattern to make some funky floor pillows...




~after making multiple returns yestday and doing so well at not buying anything back this lil guy caught my attention, how could I resist his sweet face! He will go great with the grey in our bedding...



~we talked about not settling for where we both are physically, spiritually and emotionally! Taking full advantage of where we are RIGHT NOW! Not looking to the future but soaking in the moments now! I don't want Ben to settle for where he is now but to keep moving forward and working hard even if he knows we are leaving soon!

~we have been eating alot of these items...



~ben has been asking to watch this alot (one of his fav shows)...



~i have been dreaming of this (prob won't be there anytime soon)...



~in reality we are to get more of this over the weekend...ummm, it's 3 days shy of April (and yes this is how I feel about it)...



~I continue to realize how in love with this man I am...



~Ben told me that I am beautiful not matter what I look like or how big I am! I told Ben he is amazing, strong, handsome, sexy and super proud of him BEFORE and AFTER the brain injury!

~We have been trying to live by this verse, "Wait patiently for the Lord. Be strong and courageous! Yes, wait patiently for the Lord!" Ps. 27:14

14 comments:

Candice said...

You guys make such a beautiful couple! It seems like Ben's progress is getting faster and faster. Yay!!

Aloha Acres said...

Loved all of the pictures but the last one melts my heart. Thinking of you often; praying for you always.

Anonymous said...

Wow!! I hope they were each a different flavor. Blessings and hugs, Marion

karamurano said...

you two are beautiful!

Cooking Up Faith said...

What a beautiful post! Still praying for you both!

Emily said...

I love all the pictures :] You guys are just too cute!

Lauren said...

I love this post and I love you! Miss you friend!

Katie Parrish said...

Ben looks great! I love reading about his progress! You have prayers coming from Alabama!

Joyful*Tears said...

i love you two!! God's blessings have been poured into both of your hearts. In times of good and bad, give Him praise! Praying for you, continually

Anonymous said...

Big things are definitely happening. Love it! :)
~Cydnee

Kim @ The Gab said...

I love projects! Your fabric look amazing - perfect for your owl :)
I love your silly pictures; they always make me smile. xo-Kim

Anonymous said...

I have read your blog for some time now..........you guys are REALLY a beautiful couple!! LOVE IT!!

Kris from the Frozen Tundra of MN

Freedomtrain Ministries said...

God is on the move - thanks for the progress report. I love your sense of humor especially the unhappy cat regarding spring. I looked the same way this morning with all this rain. Ughhh

Anonymous said...

Love your taste in fabric. What fun to be planning for a home away from the hospital. Loved all the pictures too.
It is so fun to read the things Ben says.

Lois