Thursday, March 10, 2011

walking together...


"Praise the Lord! Give thanks to the Lord for He is good! His faithful love endures forever. Who can list the glorious miracles of the Lord? Who can ever praise Him enough? Ps 106:1,2

Well, we are not holding hands and walking side by side but Ben and I are walking together! Rather it is me walking behind Ben with at times my hands under his arms! I have longed for these days and they are upon us! We have done this a few times before but this is the first time that it is getting documented by photo! Since this walk I have been walking Ben to PT and then when he is done going back to get him and walking him to lunch. His therapists keep an "eye" on us but sometimes he just says, "I am going to go to the gym and I will meet you there!" Eeeekkkk! My nerves have settled but when we first started doing this I wanted to shout, "No, come back!" the only hiccup to our walking is if someone says something to crack Ben up...last time it was, "breaking wind!" You all know that when you work out more or get moving more your system speeds up. Well, Ben just happens to do this when I am walking behind him! Stinker! His PT asked him about it the other day and Ben was stumbling all over the place, lost control over his walking and had a huge smirk on his face! Our hiccup, don't make Ben crack up while walking because he gets all wobbly! I of course had to laugh right along with both of them! If you notice his head and neck, well it still needs work! Please continue to pray that it will straighten, loosen and be positioned where it is to be!

Up and at em kid...here we go!!









One day, and I pray it is soon we will be doing this...



**Thank you to one of our fire fighter buds my compter has been healed! Virus be gone! These guys have been awesome to us and help us with anything! So grateful!

14 comments:

Lauren said...

Such a joy to see! He's a trooper and you are a huge encouragement! :)

Anonymous said...

YAY!! Firefighters!! I was laughing so hard about "breaking wind". My kids asked what was so funny. I was laughing so much, they started laughing. I did finally get it out, then they laughed for the story. Oh, by the way, that last picture is what's in store. :) Hugs, Marion

Kim @ The Gab said...

Go Ben Go!

Theresa said...

You two are such a beautiful couple. Your love shines.

Katy said...

Praise the Lord! Our God is good. I have tears running down my face after reading your story. Not only is Ben a fighter, but you are as well. Not once have you given up. I wish I had that type of faith. I can't believe how much I take for granted.. Y'all hang in there.

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him & he will direct your path." Proverbs 3:5-6

Anonymous said...

What a blessing!!

Unknown said...

Once again, Amazing! Ben is an inspiration to this world.

Way to go Ben!

Lindsey said...

It's such a blessing to see these pictures you post Katie! God is so good. Continually praying for absolute healing and continual peace for you!

Caroline said...

Thanks for sharing! What an amazing couple you two are.

Meredith said...

You really inspire me. Praying for you both and so glad to see this.

Belly Charms said...

I saw your button on another blog, clicked it and have been reading everything. I am so glad he is making such great progress and I pray you get back to that bottom picture soon. You are one amazing lady and he is very lucky to have so much support and love. God Bless you both and I will be keeping up with his progress. You are both an inspiration.

Mom said...

Katie, I'm sorry I haven't commented in a long time. I am still checking your blog and I am still praying for you both. Today I saw a video that immediately made me think of you and Ben. If you've seen it already, I'm sorry, but just in case you haven't, here is the link:

http://www.godtube.com/watch/?v=9C21FJNU

With love in Christ,

Denise R. from Texas

Robin Bailey said...

Love it! Those pictures are awesome to see and the last WILL be you and Ben again. Bless you guys! Much love- the B's

Joyful*Tears said...

What a beautiful and courageous team, you two are!! =) Glory to You, Lord!! Thank You Jesus!!