Sunday, March 13, 2011

a week trip...


{my family i will get to see...plus a few more nieces/nephs that have been added!
i have 14, going on 15!!}

Well, tomorrow I am off to Washington state for a week! I am heading back to have meetings with more military personel, rehab companies/short term facility and looking for a house to rent until we get settled. Those are big reasons to go back but the biggest reason for going back is that our home church there asked me to speak at the monthly women's bible study about our "Love Story" and also a bit at the weekend services on our journey of "Hope."
This is an honor for me to do!
It will be one busy week full of emotions regarding our future, coming home, seeing family, speaking in front of hundreds when I don't like being in front of that many, and making big decisions for Ben and I. I am also leaving my man behind for a whole week! This is the longest I have left him and it is super hard! A huge blessing in it all though is that Ben's bosses had two of Ben's buddies come and stay with him the whole time I am gone! They came this morning so that I could give them some instructions about Ben and what his week would look like. At lunch time they jumped right in and already started to help...it was awesome!
Huge thanks to the Ranger Regiment for blessing us with this!
It puts my heart at ease and it will make me feel so much better about leaving my man!
Today I was reminding/quizzing Ben about where and what I was doing and told him that I didn't want to go because I didn't want to leave him. Ben said, "you have to go!" I asked him why and he said, "you need to make plans for us to go home and tell people about what God has done for us." Ok Ben, I will go...even though it will be hard, I will go!

Please be praying for both of us!
Pray for Ben that he will be at peace while I am gone. Also that his week will go smoothly and nothing will go wrong but everything will go right...with more healing!
Pray for me that I will have courage while I am speaking, wisdom on making decisions, that I will be open to where God is leading us, and peace in my heart that Ben is ok!
If you don't see posts during this coming week you know why!
I will be back before you know it!!

14 comments:

Lindsey B said...

You are such an amazing woman of God - I have no doubt that the Holy Spirit will flow through you and use you and your story as a lesson to touch hundreds more!

Praying that your time apart is uneventful and that you are shocked by Ben's progress when you return!

Jenn W. said...

Prayers for you both, I hope you have a wonderful and safe trip to Washington -- How wonderful that two of Ben's friends are coming to stay in your absence.

Jenn @ joyfuljenn.com

marlece said...

Can't wait to see you this week Katie! I will pray for Ben while you are not physically with him.

Victoria Williams said...

Katie,
I am so glad you get to come visit your family in WA. Your nieces and nephews are always talking about how they are praying for Uncle Ben and Aunt Katie and they can't wait to see them. It is very special to hear them talk about you.

We are praying that the Lord would give you and Ben peace through this time. Bless you both! (maybe we'll get to see you!)

Veronica

Jan at Jewelry4Change said...

What a beautiful family! You are both in my prayers, especially this week. Safe travels,
Jan

Cooking Up Faith said...

I am praying for your trip and know you will be an inspiration to so many! :)

Anonymous said...

What a lovely picture of your family. You know, those hats are...so...fun. Father has some wonderful things in store for you on your trip, AND some wonderful things for Ben, too!!! I love you, Marion

Unknown said...

We've never met, but I'm a homeschool friend of your sister, Anne. She asked me to pray and gave me the link to your blog, and I've been reading it and praying for you and Ben ever since. I'm so looking forward to Girl's Night Out on Thursday, and I'm bringing some girlfriends. Safe travels,
Sherri

Joyful*Tears said...

Praying for you both!! Glory to God that you will be sharing His grace and beauty with other women!! He will lead your every thought and word as you seek His Spirit for guidance! Praying for the Lord to guide your heart and mind in all your plans for yours and Ben's return home!! How exciting, thank You Jesus! Praying for Ben's peace this week while you are out of town, and the Lord's continued healing power! God bless your travels!

Cydnee said...

Hello Katie!
I can't even remember who linked me your blog last week, but I had no idea you were from WA or that you were coming to GNO. I have read so much of your blog and am inspired and have been praying for you and Ben ever since. A friend invited me to GNO a few weeks ago and I have been planning on going not knowing who the speaker would be... I was just floored when I saw it was going to be you since I had no idea. So looking forward to tomorrow night. :)

Rachonamission said...

BLESSINGS as you speak tonight! May you say only what brings honor to the Lord, and that includes what you're going through!!
I wanted to say the same thing as the very first comment, that you would be surprised by the progress you see in Ben when you get back!!
Praying for continued miraculous healing!!!!!!
(Naomi's mil)

Linda said...

I heard you speak tonight at Living Water's GNO, I was a guest of someone who attends that church. You did a wonderful job speaking and it was obvious that God gave you all the grace you needed to have courage.
Thank you for sharing your story. I am praying for my husband's salvation and it was encouraging to be reminded of God's faithfulness.
I also appreciated what you shared about each of us needing to appreciate our "man" now while we have him.
Thank you ~ You are such a beautiful blessing.
Oh and I also really appreciated the part where you said that you learned to put all of your desires in a bucket and let God pull each one out in His timing.
Blessings to You

Laurel said...

Katie,

I just found your blog today ... and spent HOURS reading your story (and completely neglecting my family while doing so). :)

I hope that your week in WA has been good, although I am sure it has been tough to be away from Ben.

Both of you are a testimony to the strength of the Lord, and His Faithfulness. I have no doubt that the Lord will continue to work a miracle in Ben's physical body. (Our family has MANY testimonies of God's miraculous healing, which can be found in my blog archives under "miracles".)

I shared some of your story with my husband, and he said, "What do they need?" Seriously ... he was just drawn to help you in any way possible.

We, too, live in WA ... up North of Bellingham.

I was in a car accident 10 years ago, with 8 of my children, when we were hit by a speeding semi-truck. Thankfully, we were not seriously injured, but we did have 105 drs. appt. in the first 5 weeks. So. Not. Fun.

Then, 6 years ago, our 3 year old son was airlifted to Children's Hospital, in critical condition. He was in a drug-induced coma for a week, and ICU for 2 weeks. So, my heart just went out to your families as I read the posts written right after the accident. I could picture myself by Ben's hospital bed, crying out to the Lord to save his life.

We had a son in the army, stationed at Fort Benning for 4.5 years (serving 2.5 years in Iraq). And, now, our 2nd son will be leaving for the Navy's O.C.S. next week. So, we have a love and compassion for military families.

I look forward to following your story, and rejoicing with you as the Lord continues to work.

Hoping your weekend is BLESSED!


Laurel
(mama of a dozen, ages: 9, 9, 10, 12, 14, 17, 20, 22, 22, 24, 25, 26)

Laurel said...

Small world ..

I see that you know Marlece. While I haven't yet met her (we read each other's blogs), my eldest daughter is a good friend of Marlece's sister's family in Bend, OR. And, I have met her sister, Janae.

Love the family pic. We just had our first family wedding in December, and are now planning 2 weddings for July. So, we are looking forward to the days of lots of grandchildren, and our kids are looking forward to all of the nieces and nephews.

Laurel :)