Tuesday, March 22, 2011

speed biker...


"The LORD is my strength and my shield; My heart trusted in Him, and I am helped;
Therefore my heart greatly rejoices,And with my song I will praise Him."
Psalm 28:7

I hope you enjoyed the A-Z's on us! It was something fun that I could easily post while I was gone! If I come across more that are the "get to know you" type I will post them...and try and get all the answers from Ben!

I am back in Jersey where it snowed yesterday, was in the mid 50's today and snow to come tomorrow! Seriously this spring is a little wonky! I wear my Uggs one day, flips the next, rubber boots to follow and then back to Uggs! Cannot figure itself out!

I was so giddy to see Ben this morning! He was in Art Therapy and I went over to him! He had just finished making a picture for me and when he looked over to his left I was there and then came a HUGE smile from his face! He was talking and all giddy, so was I! It was so good to see him after being gone over a week! We had about 30 min to spend
together before Ben had to go to PT.
While he was in PT I stayed in his room to rest (went to bed at 4am and up at 9am) and catch up on a few things. One of the therapist assistants came in and told me that Ben was on a new bike and he wanted to show me. Oh exciting!! I got to the gym and this is what I found...



WOW is what I said when I walked in and saw Ben!
A few things that I noticed about this new bike...
{1} Ben was out of his wheelchair! (the other bike keeps him in his chair)
{2} The seat he is sitting on is much smaller then his wheelchair seat!
{3} Ben was FLYING!! Look at those legs move!
{4} He was able to smile, talk and pedal at the same time!
{5} Ben's only stability was from his backrest, otherwise he had to balance himself
{6} He was panting, out of breath, and saying he was loving it because he was getting a good workout and wasn't in his chair!!

More therapies later for Ben and a really good time with him tonight in the Word, singing and praying. I love his prayers at night. Ben is using more words, praying what is on his heart and he prays for me which is so special!

I had a great week back in WA. It was busy, fun, emotional, full of meetings, speaking and eating! I gained alot of information that I needed regarding our next step on this adventure which I needed. Also the speaking at our home church was really good for me. It was stretching but the Lord was with me the whole way and I felt it! I really believe that the Lord used our story to speak to the hearts of God's people and share Him! If it touches just one person or brings one person closer or to the Lord is worth this journey! Thank you all for your prayers, encouragement and kindness as I was gone and away from Ben! We felt your prayers!

Short and sweet post but this girl is tired and needs to catch some zzzz's to keep up with my speedy gonzalaes man tomorrow!

Sayings from Ben...
~Alot of my friends and family told me to go back and give Ben alot of hugs and kisses from them. I told this to Ben this morning and he said, "where are they?" I thought he was talking about the people so I told him that they are in WA. To that responded, "no, where are all my hugs and kisses?" I got right on that!
~I usually ask Ben "where is your head" when it is down or he needs to reposition it. I asked him about it today and his response was. "on my shoulders'" M-"why thank you captain obvious!" And to that Ben said, "well, you asked!"...and that was said ever so sarcastically!

12 comments:

Brenda said...

The fact that he can do that bike is AMAZING! His balance has changed so much. Remember back at the 1 year mark last August? When recovery was suppose to slow down... Ha! That's what our Jesus can do! Show it off Ben, show it off! Show them a miracle!

Cooking Up Faith said...

I love the Psalms 28:7 scripture you posted! It really touched me. I tried to view your video but couldn't get it to work. I'm going to try again. I KNOW you must have been such an inspiration to others. God is working through you and Ben SO much!!

Tomorrow night/Thursday I'm having a link up for others to share any of their favorite posts on their faith. I know you're a busy busy girl, but wanted to let you know, as I know you have hundreds of amazing posts on your faith! :)

Jessa said...

Your husband is so amazing! I love reading about all that he is accomplishing and to see how much you love each other.

Anonymous said...

I agree with you, W O W!!! Ben sure was cooking on that bike. How wonderful. I am glad you had such a wonderful time at home. May you feel a special touch of Father's grace this moment, Marion

Caitlin @ Candyfloss & Persie said...

:) Hugs. So inspiring.

Anonymous said...

Katie, this is a wonderful accomplishment. I just watched the video from Living Water with Pastor John & Fawn and it was such a blessing, I know God used you in a mighty way. Praying daily for you and Ben. Wanda (Shelley's Mom)

Kasey Lynne said...

that is SOOO amazing!!!

Ashley said...

I have to tell you this--my little girl (who is 2) saw me watching this video of Ben. She asked me who it was, and I said "His name is Ben, and he's biking." From then on, she has asked me a million times to see Ben biking! So please let him know that he has a beautiful little girl cheering him on! ;)

Joyful*Tears said...

I love hearing Ben's conversations improve, and show his true colors =). God bless you both*

Kim @ The Gab said...

Hi. Love the video - so proud of Ben. Always praying. xo

Brooke T said...

WOW look at him go :) that's amazing! he looks happy doing that too!

AV5848 said...

Wow! He was going to so fast! That's so great!!