Friday, November 12, 2010

we be rollin...

We have a busy weekend planned and then hopefully out of here on Tuesday! We are waiting for the go ahead to get out of here! There is one paper that insurance has to sign before the new rehab facility will give us the go ahead to come!! If the paper is signed today (Friday) or Monday then we can still go...if not another day!! Please pray that it gets signed so we can get going!!!
Saturday another wife and I are going to hit up San Francisco one more time before Ben and I leave! It will just be a fun day strolling the city! Sunday we were given tickets to the San Francisco 49ers game!! We are going to take the boys and have fun! When I gave Ben the option of a movie or a football game Ben said in a very loud voice for all to hear, "FOOTBALL GAME!" Ok, football it is!!

We were able to attend a small Veterans Day ceremony yesterday and then have lunch! The photo below was taken during the Star Spangled Banner! Ben never forgets to salute his flag and be so proud to serve still as an active duty soldier!!



I came across this video clip last night and it was so good for me to hear again of how great our God is! Enjoy and be blessed!



Last night: Me - "Ben I think my body is falling apart and I am getting old!" Ben - "You are not getting old, just older!"

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Veterans Day Ben! and thank you for posting that song, it gave me goosebumps and i'm going to listen to it again! In my prayers ~ xo

Theresa said...

Amen and amen! That gave me goosebumps too, and tears of joy. I think I will have to post it on my blog tomorrow and a link here too. Praying you get the signatures you need to transfer to NJ soon.

Anonymous said...

My Friend, I am not surprized Ben saluted during the Star Spangled Banner. I read a story about a Veteran's Day Parade. The Only one who stood when the colors went by was a soldier in a wheelchair. Our Heroes never forget. Much love, Marion

Kathleen said...

I'm so excited for the game tomorrow!! yay! :) It's so exciting that it will just be the 4 of us! Cale and Ben will be pretty happy watching the game!!

ETaylor said...

Katie - I just came across your blog recently and have since read every archived blog post! Your story is inspiring and I pray nothing but blessings on you and Ben! I also love that I'm not the only one who only uses the ! as a punctuation! Sometimes when I read your posts I feel like I've known you forever, or at least we were raised at the same church or something! Happy Sunday! :)