Thursday, November 11, 2010

in honor of those who serve...




AMERICAN SOLDIER

I'm just trying to be a father,
Raise a daughter and a son,
Be a lover to their mother,
Everything to everyone.
Up and at 'em bright and early,
I'm all business in my suit,
Yeah, I'm dressed up for success from my head down to my boots,
I don't do it for the money, there's bills that I can't pay,
I don't do it for the glory, I just do it anyway,
Providing for our futures, my responsibility,
Yeah I'm real good under pressure, being all that I can be,
And I can't call in sick on Mondays when the weekend's been too strong,
I just work straight through the holidays,
And sometimes all night long.
You can bet that I stand ready when the wolf growls at the door,
Hey, I'm solid, hey I'm steady, hey I'm true down to the core,
And I will always do my duty, no matter what the price,
I've counted up the cost, I know the sacrifice,
Oh, and I don't want to die for you,
But if dying's asked of me,
I'll bear that cross with an honor,
'Cause freedom don't come free.
I'm an American Soldier, an American,
Beside my Brothers and my Sisters I will proudly take a stand.
When liberty's in jeopardy I'll always do what's right.
I'm out here on the front lines, sleep in peace tonight.
American Soldier,
I'm an American Soldier.
Yeah, an American Soldier,
An American.
Beside my Brothers and my Sisters I will proudly take a stand,
When liberty's in jeopardy I'll always do what's right,
I'm out here on the front lines, so sleep in peace tonight.
American Soldier,
I'm an American,
American,
American Soldier. TK




OUR SOLDIERS
When the security of our land is threatened,
We call on our soldier's might,
To go wherever they're needed,
To defend us day and night.
They leave their loves ones behind,
A great price our soldiers must pay.
Let us salute their courage and bravery,
May we remember them each time we pray.
Each time we spot "Old Glory"
Waving for all to see,
Let's think of all the soldiers that have
Kept it flying proud and free.
This great country is tolerant
Of cultures from other lands,
But, when they attack our precious freedom
We will punish with a heavy hand.
Our soldiers are tried and true,
Tempered like carbon steel,
Born of American Spirit;
Raised with American will.
Remember our fallen heroes that died,
So freedom may grow,
To nations around the world,
Wherever our warriors may go.



FREEDOM
It is the soldier, not the reporter
Who has given us the freedom of the press.
It is the soldier, not the poet,
Who has given us Freedom of speech.
It is the soldier, not the campus organizer
Who has given us the Freedom to demonstrate
It is the soldier, who serves beneath the Flag,
Who salutes the Flag,
Whose coffin is draped by the Flag,
Who allows the protestor to burn the Flag,
It is the soldier, not the politician,
Who has given his blood, his body, his life,
Who has given us these FREEDOMS! DE







HAPPY VETERANS DAY AND THANK YOU!

7 comments:

E said...

Please tell Ben that myself and my family say thank you. We are praying for him today!

Anonymous said...

Please give a thank you to Ben for his service. And thank you, Katie, for sacrificing your times and memories with him so that I can live free. Thank you also for this post. It is a great reminder to remember all who have served and to thank them if we can. May the Lord continue to bless you.

Jordan said...

Please tell Ben thanks for his service! Your blog is somewhat new to me but truly touching. You both amaze me, with both your love for each other and for the Lord. God bless you both.

Lindsey and Co said...

Thank you so much for your service Ben! Also thank you Katie for your service as well. I know first hand that military wives play a huge part in our service men's lives. Hope you had a very nice Veterans Day!

Jenifer said...

Thank you for this post. Thank you Ben for your service and sacrifice for our country!

Lindsey said...

Thank you Ben for serving our country! God bless you and give you strength as you recover! God bless you Katie for sharing this with us and being an amazing wife and woman! You are truly an inspiration.

University of Iowa Meg said...

Yay! A great post!! Love it :) And a (belated) Veteran's Day wish to Ben...