Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving...



A Thankful Heart
A thankful heart, a thankful heart,
Lord, grow in me a thankful heart.
So many gifts You give each day!
I ask one more: a thankful heart.

A simple faith, a simple faith,
For every need, a simple faith.
Father, You hold me in Your arms,
So give Your child a simple faith.

A life of love, a life of love,
In Jesus Christ a life of love.
Lord, as I live and breathe in You,
This wealth is mine: a life of love.

A thankful heart, a simple faith,
A life of love in You each day
Till we are one and face to face
And all is joy and endless praise!





'Twas the night of Thanksgiving,
but I just couldn't sleep...
I tried counting backwards,
I tried counting sheep.
The leftovers beckoned...the dark meat and white,
but I fought the temptation with all of my might.
Tossing and turning with anticipation,
the thought of a snack became infatuation.
So, I raced to the kitchen, flung open the door
and gazed at the fridge, full of goodies galore.
I gobbled up turkey and buttered potatoes,
stuffing with gravy, green beans and tomatoes.
I felt myself swelling so plump and so round,
till all of a sudden, I rose off the ground.
I crashed through the ceiling, floating into the sky
with a mouthful of pudding and a handful of pie
But, I managed to yell as I soared past the trees...
Happy eating to all -- pass the cranberries, please.


HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!

7 comments:

Kathy Beckett said...

Happy Thanksgiving! I am so thrilled that you have arrived safely and that Ben is happy to be in a new place. I will be praying for his progress and encouragement. Please know that you remain in my prayers as Ben works hard on new activities and Katie finds new ways to fill her time!

Anonymous said...

Blessings to YOU BOTH this Thanksgiving. I am so thankful you are at your destination. I love you guys!! Marion

Theresa said...

Happy Thanksgiving Ben and Katie!

Lauren said...

I'm thankful to have you as a friend. Hopefully I can make it up to Jersey to see you soon!

Queen Los said...

I came across your story from theresa's blog. I am currently sitting in a hospital bed myself but for reasons much different and not as extreme as your circumstances. I am again reminded how thankful I need to be and inspired to see your strength! Your story will surely touch so many!

Kim @ The Gab said...

Thinking of you my friend.

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you, Katie and Ben!
I love the parody on "Twas the Night Before Christmas." That is cute and just how I feel every Thanksgiving!