"And the arms that hold the universe are holding you tonight
You can rest inside it’s gonna be alright!
And the voice that calmed the raging sea is calling you His child
So be still and know He’s in control He will never let you go."
These are some words that I have been clinging to this past week! I have been blasting this song in Ben's big truck!! It has fed my soul and spirit and brought me peace!
I got up here to see Ben yesterday (Tues) and had a good afternoon/evening with him. I had a romantic dinner of Chick-Fil-A and was loathing for some chocolate but had none! Ben was a little drowsy because they have been switching and changing up his medications. They took some away, added one and boosted the dose of another...all of this makes it very confusing on his body! Our anniversary night was definitley memorable! I snuggled up in his bed beside him and read the Bible over him and then watched the Biggest Loser. He fell asleep by 8pm! I have a great photo that I will treasure always! (sorry not posting photos of Ben to protect his privacy) It was a restful night and it felt good to be close to him!
Today he had a much better day. His speech therapist asked me to have Ben do 10 things (close your eyes, stick out your tongue, show me one finger and so on.) She wanted him to get 8/10. Ben did awesome and got 7/10!!! That is 20% better then what he had been doing a few days before! Ben's dad was here for the day so he got to see all of Ben's accomplishments and that made him happy!
1. Doing things within 10 seconds with 80% accuracy
2. Body strength...holding torso, moving all extremities
3. Head alignment...he tends to push his head forward but they need him to hold it back.
4. My therapy for my arm starts Friday...it is alot less painful but pray that things start loosening up and my bones heal up as I twist and move them.
5. 100% healing for both of us!
6. That people would be drawn to Jesus for the first time or get closer through Ben's testimony!
PS...There were some trick-or-treaters that came by tonight but they were passing out candy!! I GOT ME SOME CHOCOLATE!! :)