Monday, February 1, 2010

Officially...almost in WA...



"By FAITH in the name of Jesus, this man whom you see and know was made strong. It is Jesus' name and the FAITH that comes through him that has given this COMPLETE healing to him, as you can all see." Acts 3:16

Ben and I are finally in WA and there will be no more trips back to GA for me anytime soon! I say officially almost only because our belongings are in a huge semi somewhere in the states! Our truck and boat are also somewhere along the way being driven along by some great guys! So, when all our belongings get here we can move on and get settled!
I was able to be back with Ben today and I was so, super happy! It was so good to see him when I walked through the doors and of course I gave him huge kisses! Ben had a good therapy day today. He was in a standing frame for a bit, got his arms and legs stretched, ate some more ice chips and of course took some cat naps in the midst of it all! He is sometimes quite the stinker when it comes to falling asleep! We had some quite time together and that was so good for us! We have not been able to do that for some time due to being away and crazy schedules so it was so nice to crawl up in bed with him, do our devotions, prayer time and share some sweet kisses! I love this man so much and just being beside him in the peace and quite while holding his hands is sometimes just what I need! I know that he needs it too!

Please pray that Ben gets out of this slump that he is in. The word platau always comes up which means that he is stuck and slowly making progress. Slow progress is progress, which I am grateful for, but we would love to see more! It is all in the Lord's timing but I know that Ben would benefit from being able to do a new thing and getting our of this slump! I am praying for it!!
I am also asking that the enemy have no place in Ben's mind, body or soul! It is easy for brain injury patients to get depressed and get down...I am praying against that and the fact that the enemy would want to slow down Ben's healing process. He has NO place in Ben's life and he never will! Praise God that He is more powerful and the One that can heal Ben 100%!! I thank God already and continually for what He is doing in Ben and my lives!

2 comments:

Shauna said...

Praying for all of it!

Melody Cook said...

I'm so happy that you both made it back to Washington State! I know Ben loves it there, as do you, and it will be extremely helpful to have your family members there to visit! He seemed to perk up a bit when I visited as I am sure he does for all of his company so having new people stopping by more often will surely be a good thing :) I love you - keep being strong and keep doing the wonderful things you are doing (like your quiet times with him, etc) - you amaze me! I love you both - tell Ben hi for me!