Sunday, February 7, 2010

We have a reason to worship...

(day after Ben got home from deployment)

The song below is one that has been blasting out of Ben's truck speakers for the past few days and shouting the words! It really has ministered to me! It is so easy to get in a slump and not look to Jesus for my peace, commfort, restoration and so many other things. Yes, I do have many times like that that and it is usually when I have not been in His word and praising Him. So, this song reminded me of who He is and what He is doing in Ben and my life. It also has reminded me that I have to do my part! I need to sing, worship and be in His word....and like the bridge words say...
All of my life
In every season
You are still God
I have a reason to sing
I have a reason to worship
Ben and I have so many reasons why we should be singing and worshiping...and first on the list is that we are both still living! The accident could have easily taken our lives! A two foot penetration (and way more damage) into my lil civic could have easily taken our lives! Both of us are living and breathing and that in itself is a reason to worship! Other reasons to sing/worship...He has protected us ever since, blessed us financially, opened doors that He could only open, walked along side us, brought family to help and sooo many other things that I have not only blogged about but written down each day in my journal! Oh there are days when I don't want to sing, worship and read His word and those are the days when I feel far away from Jesus, am down in the dumps and am just bla!
So, Ben and I will praise Him when we are dry, hungry, weakness, trials, pain, in triumphs and in the harvest when we get to see the seed that we have sown!

The Desert Song:
Verse 1:
This is my prayer in the desert
And all that's within me feels dry
This is my prayer in the hunger in me
My God is a God who provides
Verse 2:
And this is my prayer in the fire
In weakness or trial or pain
There is a faith proved
Of more worth than gold
So refine me Lord through the flames
Chorus:
And I will bring praise
I will bring praise
No weapon forged against me shall remain
I will rejoice
I will declare
God is my victory and He is here
Verse 3:
And this is my prayer in the battle
And triumph is still on it's way
I am a conqueror and co-heir with Christ
So firm on His promise I'll stand
Bridge:
All of my life
In every season
You are still God
I have a reason to sing
I have a reason to worship
Verse 4:
This is my prayer in the harvest
When favor and providence flow
I know I'm filled to be empited again
The seed I've recieved I will sow

May you also remember to sing to and worship Jesus in teh midst of your storms, triumps and when life seems like it will not get any better! It will when you praise our BIG GOD!
Blessings -

4 comments:

Carr525 said...

One of my favorite songs EVER...and the story behind it is just incredible. Praying for you guys...

mommywonderland said...

I adore you but this you know...Wouldnt you think we would learn from those moments of distance and be reminded we need to be in his word constantly?? Ah the humanness! Read daily, worship always and He will be your strength! xoxo

bananas. said...

katie...you are such a strong and beautiful person. i envy your strength and commitment.

Unknown said...

I will share this song with my husband as we too are going through a storm. Worsip is so freeing and God deserves it!!! Still praying for you and Ben's 100% healing.
I Love you, Hawley Ware