Saturday, January 30, 2010

Officially moving onward...

I am sitting in an empty office on the floor in our empty house! The packers and movers came on Wed/Thursday and took all of our stuff! They are now in some other state trucking along! I am now waiting for 2 of Ben's work guys to get his truck weighed and then they will be back to hook up the boat! These amazing guys volunteered to drive the boat and truck to WA for us! I have made the drive before and let me just say it can be quite dull! They are excited to get away for a few days and then also get to see Ben when they arrive! They are a huge blessing!
In amongst all my crazy days of moving all our belongings I have been able to hang out with some wonderful friends that we have made here! They all have been a huge blessing in our lives and that is one of the hardest things about moving...Jesus has blessed us with true friends!
Ben is doing well! Of course I call every day to check up on him! He raised his eyebrows when I got on the phone to chat with him which makes my heart melt! Some of my family members have gone up while I have been gone to check up on him and that makes me feel so good! I am so grateful that they are there to be with him!
I fly back Sunday and will hopefully be getting into another schedule....when things settle down!
Blessings to you all and prayerfully more good news to come soon from WA!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Truely azazing how things are working out for you hun!!! His friends...to take that drive...WOW. No words can explain that one.
I wish you another safe trip :)

Brenda said...

You're doing a great job Katie! Ben is one lucky man to have you as his wife!

pajrnjam said...

Katie-I have been thinking about you and Ben so much these past couple of days. I drove by Ft.Lewis and remember your beautiful wedding. I remember knowing, just KNOWING, that he was your soulmate thru everything you said about him. I think you had an amazing courtship and after you married it wasn't at all hard to see how perfect you two are for each other and the love you share is so special. I can only imagine the pain, struggle, hardship, exhaustion and fear you have been living with the past 5 months. You have shown amazing faith and strength but I know it gets hard. I know you miss you husband being able to tell you he loves you. Being able to talk about your day with him. I truly believe you WILL have him back. Your love is so powerful and your faith so strong...I will continue to pray and pray for Ben to recover. I also pray for continued strength for you. Know that my heart, thoughts and prayers are with you much more than you know.

Love Patty