Monday, January 25, 2010

Change is hard...

Yes, change in hard but I have to keep reminding myself that Ben and I are in the arms of Jesus and He is guiding us in this journey. At times I question my decision to move Ben and I to WA but I look back and see that Jesus opened all the doors to come up here and that it went so smoothly. No doors were closed to us so I really beleive (most times :) ) that we are right where God wants us.
Ben has been adjusting and I told him that I would be patient with him when he didn't do as much as he was at Shepherds. I know that it takes time for him to adjust and take it all in. Oh patients is so hard for me! I want to just step in and run the show but I need to allow Ben's new therapists to step in and try new things with him. I want excellent care for my man and have to get used to all his new nurses! Oh my I have a ton to learn!
I head back to GA tomorrow-Sun to get things finished up with the house. This is going to be VERY difficult for me because I want to stay with Ben and make sure he is being well cared for and taken care of! I am sure I will worry about him the whole time I am gone but also praying that the peace of Jesus will be wiht us both! After this week of being away I can then get into a schedule with Ben and get things going!
I know this is short but I wanted to get a quick one in before taking off!
Prayer points:

1. Ben will perk up with his new meds and continue to adjust to his new enviornment!
2. Seizures - last scan said he had a small one so they are not gone all the way yet! These really affect what he can/cannot do! Pray for complete healing of these!
3. Muscle looseness and control...Ben is still very tight in areas.
4. Ben will walk and talk! I know these are big things but once he gets started there will be no stopping him!!
5. Patience for me....in new changes, schedules, staff...list goes on!
6. Ben will do new things (I feel like he is stuck in a rutt) just one new thing will make my day!
7. Enemy will have no place in Ben's healing progression, in both Ben and my thoughts and no place in our lives!
8. Been asking myself a lot if this gets any easier...would love for Jesus to lighten my load....
9. 100% HEALING....would love this to come at any time!!

7 comments:

Lauren said...

Katie,

I just wanted to leave a comment to tell you that I am praying! I started following your blog a few weeks ago, but never left a comment. To be honest, I just didn't know what to say. I think we are about the same age, and I can't imagine what this must be like for you. You seem so incredibly stong to me - and I know that is all because of the grace and mercy of Jesus Christ. I know it seems silly for someone you've never met to care so much - but I really do!! I am praying for Ben -- all the 9 points you gave! I am also praying for you - that you would be strengthened in Christ and have contentment in each moment. Thank you for sharing Jesus!

In Christ Love,
Lauren

Shelley M. said...

I will be praying for your complete peace while you travel back to GA. May you feel the Lord's presence each day...and know you are never alone. I am excited for what the Lord is going to do in Ben in 2010!
Love ya,
Shelley

Leanne said...

Katie,

We will pray these specific points. Also that you would find that perfect balance in being Ben's advocate and voice and letting the nurses/therapists do their thing. Don't ever be afraid to speak up ~ you will never be out-of-line when it comes to looking out for Ben's best!

My heart and prayers continue to go out to you,
Leanne

brooke said...

i absolutely love you! i cannot wait to see you and seriously every night will work with me...thursday...friday!! as much as i can get!!!

Sheldon said...

Katie,

We will be praying for you. Thank God you have a nursing degree and regardless of your specialty - you know this field. I pray you would trust your gut and the decisions you have made for your family. I know this can be soooo hard at times! Bottom line, we pray peace, healing and HOPE!!

Love ,
Sarah

Ams said...

Many many prayers to you and Ben, Miss Katie! Things are going to be okay!!

Kyla @ The Simpsons said...

I just stumbled upon your blog but I wanted you to know that I just said a little prayer for you and Ben. :)