Monday, February 21, 2011

another call...


Well, this is going to be short because today was another day of exaustion! My parents were out getting breakfast and I was just finishing up getting ready for the day when my phone started buzzing. I saw the number flash up and had to answer it. It was Ben's resident doc telling me that Ben had a seizure. Uhhggg, I don't like these calls! I called my parents and asked them to come back so that we could get to Ben. When we go to him he was sleeping due to the meds that they gave him to stop the seizure. He slept alot of the morning and refused to sleep pretty much the rest of the day. Our firefighter buddies came by to say hi to him and managed to get a pretty big smile out of Ben...they know how to perk him up! By the time dinner came around he was being a stinker due to the meds wearing off and him getting agitated by it. Good old side effects of meds! Thankfully this time he didn't fall the night before and didn't end up in the hospital! I am grateful that my parents are here and that they kept me busy this whole day...we had some good card games going on!
Please continue to pray for Ben. Pray that he gets a good night sleep (and me too) and that this seizure was for the good and not bad! They say sometimes seizures are actually a good thing (in some cases) because it gets things firing in the brain. Maybe in all of this more connections were being made and the Lord did some more healing in the process!

14 comments:

Jenn W. said...

Praying all the way in Idaho. Stay Strong!

thechattymommy said...

Praying for you guys- thanks for sharing the part about seizures sometimes being a good thing- that is amazing!
God is good.

Timothy and Jeanne Hisey said...

Katie - I'm praying that the Lord will give you sustaining strength to carry you through the discouraging times...and encouragment to see clearly how He is using this for His own glory! Hang in there! J.

Ashley said...

Yalls story is amazing! You and Ben are both so strong!! Yall are in my prayers!!!

Cooking Up Faith said...

For He guards the course of the just and protects the way of his faithful ones.
Proverbs 2:8
Praying for Ben.

Lindsey B said...

Praying for Ben! And for you too Katie - I cannot imagine the fear and stress that come with the uncertainty of Ben's health.

You are one strong woman!

Goodnight moon said...

Ugh! I am so sorry to hear that! I can't imagine how much he has been progressing, and now to have to take a step backwards! Thinking of you both as always!!!!!

Sending you hugs Katie!

Pam P said...

Hi Ben & Kate
I am getting Blessed and strengthened reading your blog. Hebrews 13:5 I will never leave you nor forsake you. I pray The Lord will teach you and Ben that His abiding presence will uphold you from hour to hour. You are in my prayers.

Pam

Anonymous said...

AMEN JESUS!! I trust Father with you that it was for the good. Anyway, Father can bring good out of it. I am glad your parents were there. That's one of the reasons they couldn't come last Christmas. I love you, Marion

AV5848 said...

Praying for Ben! I too hope that the seizure was for the good! Glad your parents are there to keep you busy.

Heather from Colorado said...

I found your blog by chance and I'm so glad I did! Your faith in God and your strength are inspiring. We are keeping you and Ben in our prayers.

Lindsey said...

Thank you Lord that these were positive seizures and that healing is truly taking place. Thank you for peace on Katie and her family as they are awaiting for a large miracle to take place. Continue to touch Ben from the top of his hid to the soles of his feet. We believe and know you are faithful and hear the prayers being offered up. God bless you Katie!

Rachel said...

I have been reading and praying for about a week now. You are a very strong and loving woman! Ben is lucky to have you and you are lucky to have Ben. Will keep praying and hopefuly you are right and the seizure was helping fire things up and connections made!

Loadstar said...

Hi Kat! I stumbled your blog and it attracted me because of your tenacious spirit against adversity.