Friday, July 8, 2011

leaving it to God...


"We do not know what to do, but our eyes are upon you." 2 Chron. 20.12

An Isrealite named Uzzah lost his life because he "reached out and took hold of the ark of God." (2 Sam 6.6) He placed his hands on it with the best of intentions-to steady it, "because the oxen stumbled." But nevertheless, he had overstepped his bounds by touching the Lord's work, and "therefore God struck him down."

Living a life of faith often requires us to leave things alone.

If we have completely entrusted something to God, we must keep our hands off of it. He can guard it better then we can, and He does not need our help! "Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for Him; do not fret when men succeed in their ways, when they carry out their wicked schemes." Ps. 37.7
Things in our lives may seem to be going all wrong, but God knows our circumstances better then we do. And He will work at the perfect moment, if we will completely trust Him to work in His own way and in His own time. Often there is nothing as godly as inactivity on our part, or nothing as harmful as restless working,
FOR GOD HAS PROMISED TO WORK HIS SOVEREIGN WILL!

Being perplexed, I say
"Lord, make it right!
Night is as day to You, darkness as light.
I am afraid to touch things that involve to much;
My trembling hand may shake, my skilless hand may break;
Yours can make no mistake!"

Being in doubt I say,
"Lord make it plain; which is the true, safe way?
Which would be gain"
I am not wise to know, nor sure of foot to go; what is so clear to Thee,
Lord, make it clear to me!

It is such a comfort to drop the entanglements and perplexities of life into God's hands and leave them there!

{Streams In the Desert-July 6}

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was a good post. I needed to hear that. Thank you Katie. May God bless both you and Ben. Ben is in my prayers daily.

Anonymous said...

A good reminder to trust Father completely. Hugs, Marion

Shannon said...

Pain's furnace heat within me quivers, God's breath upon the flame does blow; And all my heart in anguish shivers... And trembles at the fiery glow; And yet I whisper, "As God will!" And in the hottest fire hold still.
***
Why should I complain? for the sorrow... Then only longer-lived would be; The end may come, and will tomorrow, when God has done His work in me; So I say trusting, "As God will!" And, trusting to the end, hold still.
~Julius Sturm

Morning, Katie!
Read this in Streams of the Desert devotional just this am. Longer poem but this is just the first and last verses.

xoxo

Jenn W. said...

Thanks for this Katie.

Grandmabeckyl.blogspot said...

Thanks for sharing this post of truth. I have been praying in earnest for a better job for my daughter. I can do nothing else, it's in God's hands. No amount of complaining helps. We rest in Him and pray for guidance. Keep smiling and believing and helping and loving Ben every day. Hugs and prayers to the both of you!

Grandmabeckyl.blogspot said...

Katie, I featured this post on my blog. I hope you don't mind. You are also on the side bar! :0)

Emily {All You Need is Love} said...

somehow (God), someway (God), i stumbled across your blog and i have truly fallen in love with your love story. your love story to your sweet hubby and to our Father. i just spent the last 2 hours reading your blog and i am so inspired and moved by your heart. thank you for shining so brightly for Jesus and for sharing your world with me (a stranger!). God bless you, and i look forward to reading more about your journey. xoxo emily

Unknown said...

Katie and Ben, I am one of those lurkers that reads your blog, keeps you in daily prayer, and has learned so much about the love of our Lord through you both. I can't thank you enough for leading me to the path I need to be walking.

My husband was diagnosed with cancer shortly after our 1st anniversary, and not given a good rate of recovery. I took all my anger out on God and cut him from my life. You have touched me and I see now the miracle of God's hand. I am speechless as to what all I want to tell you. Katie and Ben, you are amazing and God's light shines through you both like a beacon calling those of us lost in darkness.

Keeping you in our prayers.

Your neighbors in Seattle, Mari and Phil

Tiffany said...

I needed this so much today. I saw this from a pic/link on Pinterest.
Hope all is well for you.