Friday, October 12, 2012

need Him now...

we were driving the other day and the song below came on.
it has been on repeat.
we have read and re-read the words.
it is our hearts.
it is our feeling.
the questions are still there.
the fear still remains.
were going through change.
trials are at hand.
silence is not fun.
no answers makes life grueling.
but He has given us the strength
and He is with us.
jesus we still need you more and more...

Well, everybody's got a story to tell
And everybody's got a wound to be healed
I want to believe there's beauty here
So, I guess you're tired of holding on
I can't let go, I can't move on
I want to believe there's meaning here

How many times have you heard me cry out
"God please take this"?
How many times have you given me strength to
Just keep breathing?
Oh I need you
God, I need you now.

Standing on a road I didn't plan
Wondering how I got to where I am
I'm trying to hear that still small voice
I'm trying to hear above the noise

Though I walk, though I walk through the shadows
And I, I am so afraid
Please stay, please stay right beside me
With every single step I take

How many times have you heard me cry out?
And how many times have you given me strength?

I need you now
I need you now

go to the link below to listen...it wouldn't let me load it!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ylnx0NA9X4&feature=related

7 comments:

Unknown said...

This is one of my most favorite songs right now! The first time I heard it I was in the shower. I heard the words and they touched my heart so deeply. I broke down crying right in the shower. I'm glad that this beautiful song touched your heart as well. Just keep clinging to the promises. Take it day by day. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Anonymous said...

Dear One, I just got back from Alaska. It was a difficult trip, until I remembered to see with His eyes, hear with His ears and not be disapointed if things didn't go as "I" thought they should go. The song FITS the whole time. Thank you, Marion

molly june. said...

love when God gives us a song that sings the words of our hearts! it happens to me all the time & i am just a mess of emotions right there. such a great song. praying for you guys. always.

Ashley said...

What a beautiful song!! Thank you for sharing! I think everyone can relate to that song in one way or another! Your strength alone, as well as Ben's to get through this is truely inspiring!! Take care!

Anonymous said...

Hey, this is my favorite song right now, too! I listened to it 3 times already thru your link today! Some days I don't know what else to say, but "God, please help me! I need you NOW!"

We are still praying for both of you, that God continues to strengthen and heal like only HE can! Stay in communication with HIM! He can handle the questions, frustrations, and may HE bless you with peace in the moments that you feel you can't go on!
Your lives are such a testimony of God's Love! Blessings to you both today!
Amy

Allison said...

I heard this song the other day in the car and pulled over so I could really hear it. It does have so much meaning and is encouraging. It's like they took our prayers and put them to music. Praying for you both. Allison

Bee said...

Thank you so much for posting these lyrics and the link to the song - this really spoke to me!
Sometimes there's nothing else to say, when you're so disappointed with the way things have turned out, except "I need you, Lord!"