Tuesday, September 7, 2010

A peek into my heart...


150th post!

A few ramblings from my heart...
I miss my man and what he was before the accident. He is still my Ben, my husband but things have changed for this season of our lives. Nobody can know what I am going through unless you have been in my shoes in some way. I just miss my husband and my best friend...plain and simple! I miss being protected by Ben, adored by Ben, challanged and taught. I cannot just jump in the car with Ben to go on a date, run errands or go work out...those times I believe will return but they are not there now!
One of the biggest things that I think I miss is his attention and his affirmation. I get to tell him all day long that I am proud of him, that he is doing a good job, he is awesome in all he does, he is a good man and husband and go up and hug and kiss him any time I want to! I don't get this anymore and I miss it so much! I never did ignore when Ben did this before but I didn't value it in the way that I would if I knew I wouldn't get it for a long time! I long for Ben's encouragement, his love and his passion for life! I will say that I got my first commment from him as his wife the other day. I put his blankets in the dryer to warm them up (do this a few times a week) and a few days ago when I put them on Ben he said, "you are the best wife!" I was bursting at the seams! He doesn't know how much I needed this!
One thing that does inspire me so much and gives me strength is that Ben never gives up. He is one strong man. Yes, he has stated that he wants to leave the hospital and go home but never has said he will give up or surrender! You think I am strong...just guess where I get a huge part of my strength besides the Lord!! Ben is amazing!
I am committed to my Ben, I am in love (more and more each day) with my Ben and I will be with Ben until literally death takes us apart! Ben is my soulmate, best friend and nothing can take us apart!
So, if you are married, do Ben and I a huge favor...love each other! Love each other like you have never loved before! Show each other that love by putting aside your own needs and take care of the one you love. Wives, respect your husbands...don't pull them down or shoot down their character. Husbands, love your wives. Not just in the "love" kind of way but in a way that shows you adore her and her alone! Love best motivates a woman and respect most powerfully motivates a man. Hold each other tight and thank the Lord for all He has blessed you with!

26 comments:

Anonymous said...

Katie, what a sweet and honest post. I have been married 39 years next week and I want to thank you for the reminder. I too love my man and can not even begin to understand what you are going through but your post touched my heart deeply.
Love,
Lois

Ryan said...

Thank you. So amazing and inspirational.

Anonymous said...

This really spoke to my heart. THank you Katie.

Sandi said...

You are so amazing and Ben is so lucky to have you as his wife. Your strength and faith in God is awesome in all that you and Ben have been through.

Stacey Baker said...

Well said! Thanks for the reminder. Yes, I do agree with you that you will have those things again in God's time! You are guys are blessed to have each other!

Cortney Gleaton said...

I can never explain to you how much the journey that you and Ben are currently on has changed Chad and I's marriage. We were not in a bad place before just a funk, the same ole routine every day kind of thing. After watching you and Ben for the past year we have learned so much through you and through your Blog postings. So from the bottom of our hearts....THANK YOU! You and Ben are two of the strongest people that we know and we admire you for all of your strength!

Mrs. Mama said...

This post brought tears to my eyes. Such beautiful words. Makes me determined to be a better wife. Thank you for that, and I'll be praying for you and Ben.

Rachel said...

Thank you for the reminder, Katie! It's so easy to get caught up in the busyness of life and forget the blessings of your spouse and your family. How precious these things are that can be easily taken for granted.

Anonymous said...

Katie!! THANK YOU for the reminder to love and appreciate what our spouse gives us. I pray Father continues to encourage you through Ben in many ways. I love you, Marion

Anonymous said...

What a wonderfuly touching post. You are an amazing person! ~Caroline

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Thank you for this post!!!

Jules said...

Katie,
Thank you for making me take a minute out of my day to reevaluate everything :) You are so right. My prayers are with you and Ben.

Bev said...

A sweet reminder not to take the things that mean the most for granted, as we often do. Thank you and God bless you and Ben!

Lauren said...

You are an amazing wife, friend, sister, person, etc! Ben is lucky to have such a caring and supportive wife. Love you!

Kim @ The Gab said...

Once again thanks for your transparency. I shared your "call to action" on my recent post about our anniversary trip. Your thoughts about loving each other were worded beautifully. Looking forward to touching base with you soon.
-Kim

Candice Pair said...

I just came across your blog through a friend. I wanted you to know that you and Ben are both in my prayers. I hate that you are having to go through this, but thank you for reminding me how short life is...and how valuable my husband is. I think we tend to get busy and forget that sometime. Ben is extremely lucky to have you in his life...and I know you're lucky to have him as well!

Lindsey said...

Wow, I am so sorry for what you and your husband have been through. I am praying for sweet peace, comfort and healing! I found your blog through Momma Says, since she first visited my blog today! God bless you and may he continually give you strength. I definitely will hold and love my husband closer now, life is precious and does take unexpectant turns!

The Boyds said...

A beautiful posting and reminder, Katie.
You are an amazing person and a wonderful wife. I've shared your story (& blog) with so many friends. I hope our prayers bring you and Ben some comfort and encouragement.

Julie D. said...

Hi Katie, I'm a friend of Meleea Miller. Just started reading your blog. My husband and I had a stupid but BIG fight yesterday. I then read this post less than an hour later. It put both of us in our place. Thank you for the reminder. Meleea shared when you guys were in the accident but I didn't continue following...she shared again on the one year anniv. My husband and I will continue to pray for Ben's complete healing and your strength. God bless,
Julie

Anonymous said...

I love you, Katie! Your words are soooo beautiful and you remind me with every one of your writing something new. Thank you for being such an inspiration. I miss you like crazy. I am so excited to read of the latest! Always standing with the both of you!!
Love,
Julie

Anonymous said...

Katie, Thank you for the reminder. It helps me look past the unimportant little stuff. You are a picture of Fahter's love and grace. Marion

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the reminder to love each other. You have definitely been a testimony to that and the Lord knew what you needed to hear from Ben. Hang in there Katie, and know you are being lifted before the Throne. God is doing great and mighty things and you get to be a part of it.

Ellen Joss

Candice said...

Thank you for the reminder to appreciate each other and all of our precious moments together. You are an inspiration. Based on today's post, I can see Ben is on his way. Keep it up!!

lovelydisaster said...

You are such and inspiration and every time I come to your page, I'm encouraged. I could NEVER know what you're going through, but THANK you for putting it all on paper. I think I take my husband for granted WAY too Much and this post was a huge kick in the butt. Thank you for reminding me love my husband:)

Anonymous said...

Katie, I am still single but marriage is just on the horizon. This is a great reminder to me, not just for my relationship with my fiance but also others that I love, to always show them I love them and care about them. Thank you so much!

Erin said...

What an inspiring post. You are such an amazing women and wife. Ben is so incredibly lucky to have you as his wife and best friend.

I can only imagine how much you miss those things about him. I can only imagine how every single kiss you give him encourages him more and makes him that much more determined to be able to do those things for you again.

Stay strong, Smile and Keep on loving!